Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Oh, Glory Be!

Glory canned red beans and rice and black beans and rice tastes just like my grandmother's RB&R!! Of course, this is strange to me because she uses New Orleans style kidney beans, makes a gravy by adding water, adds a mixture of spices that I have not yet been given access to (something tells me that she's just using Zataran's, and that's why she isn't telling me), and throws in about a pound of sausage. But, hey, I'm not looking a gift horse in the mouth.

Glory RB&R has just 3 ww points! I generally add chicken sausage or soysage (the apple smoked kind is excellent) for three more points and a REALLY tasty meal. I'm also a fan of Glory's cream corn, which is also three points, and their greens mix. I'm now eating red beans and rice or black beans and rice several times per week, and I am definitely not complaining. When Sir Mix-A-Lot says "red beans and rice didn't miss her," he meant me. :)

No comments: